travelahoy at flickr

3.4.08

hanoi ahoy!

Its 1.40am and we're finally in bed. D is already deep asleep. It has been a long day. Work, lots of it. Home. Cooking. Cleaning. Packing. Charging camera batteries. Packing.

I planned to click and post pics of the house before leaving. Sorry, not happening. I wrote (wrote, like with a pen in a notebook) in office yesterday about how this feels like (and is, I suppose) the least prepared trip we are going for ; and how I don't really care too much- I just want to be there. Planned to put up that whole bit as a post. Sorry, thats not happening either. The notebook is still at work (I wrote this while the office server, after cruelly separating me from a morning's work, was on the blink).

Tomorrow at this time we will be fast asleep. In the Old Quarter of Hanoi. With a new city, a new country, a new people, new food, new drink, new sights, smells and sounds, awaiting us.
A new trip, and I can't wait.


See you after Vietnam!

No comments: